You’re the taker-out-of-place-er of the things I’ve put-er in.
The funny little re-arranger of my almost everything.
You’re the un-doer of all the things I’ve neatly done,
fascinated with the order of each and every one.
A teacher of patience and often curiosity,
you slow me to the pace of the little things you see.
And when you’ve derailed my grown-up day,
I’m the learner of all the games you play.
I’m the sitter-downer on the floor,
the peekaboo peekaboo peekaboo once more.
The maker of your funny faces,
the getter-downer of fun things in high places.
My to-do list? Hah! Let it stay undone.
I’ll spend this day wisely on my little one.
- I Can Spend the Time Teaching You, Or I Can Spend the Time Making Powerless Demands You’re having a hard time because I haven’t taught you...
- Like Being Married to a Three Year Old Alex, At the end of the day, of course I’m...
- Behavior Toolkit
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Breastfeeding Toolkit
- Coping Toolkit
- Daddy Guest Post
- Empathy Toolkit
- Gentle Parenting Toolkits
- Get Geeky
- healthy eating
- Healthy Supply
- Language Toolkits
- Letters to a Daughter
- Letters to My Sons
- Letters to Myself
- Letters to the People In My Life
- News and Studies
- Nurshable News
- Personal Growth
- Playfulness Toolkit
- Sometimes Snarky
- The Experience
- The Mommy Wars
- sarah on No Stick Homemade Play Dough in 8 Minutes or Less
- Elyse on Are You a Gentle Parent or are you Trying to be a Gentle Parent?
- Jess on No Stick Homemade Play Dough in 8 Minutes or Less
- sarah on Extended Family Holiday Stress- Coping as a Gentle Parent
- Juanita Fourie on Twenty Months, Canines and Self Settling (Sort Of)
Quotables“Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~Thomas Edison