Every Sunday I’ll be giving Nurshable readers a room in their house and asking for pictures of different items from that room. I’ll post those pictures and we can share ideas for activities that use that object. Let’s fill up our Playfulness Toolkit and find the play in every room!
Spice Rack Activities:
- Sniff different smells – Erika
- Sort spices by colors, shade or arrange by the height of the jar. – Sarah
- Recognize letters on labels. – Sarah
- Recognize patterns in the spice bottles (cap cover, bottle shape, plastic/glass, pictures on the bottles) – Sarah
- “What food does this smell like”? – Emily
- “Spice Memory”- Smell several spices and learn their names. Then try to remember the name by sniffing the spice. -Sarah
- Mix the spices into homemade playdough (the powdered or liquid ones) so you have nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and other scents of dough. – Sarah
- Experiments and Potions. Mix different spices with water or oil and come up with a story about what type of potion you’re making. – Nancy
- Spice paintings with glue and colored paper. – Sarah
Add your ideas in the comments section below, and I’ll add them to this post!
- #ActivitySunday 1. Send a picture of an item in your kitchen...
- Everything Is More Fun If Mommy Didn’t Say It A number of people have asked for ideas on how...
- Violence Only Punctuates Weak Words The Boston Marathon bombings? I don’t want to know the...
- The Progression of Sleep from Newborn to Independent Sleeper I’ve gotten a few emails recently from people wondering if...
- Behavior Toolkit
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Breastfeeding Toolkit
- Coping Toolkit
- Daddy Guest Post
- Empathy Toolkit
- Gentle Parenting Toolkits
- Get Geeky
- healthy eating
- Healthy Supply
- Language Toolkits
- Letters to a Daughter
- Letters to My Sons
- Letters to Myself
- Letters to the People In My Life
- News and Studies
- Nurshable News
- Personal Growth
- Playfulness Toolkit
- Sometimes Snarky
- The Experience
- The Mommy Wars
- Skylar on Twenty Months, Canines and Self Settling (Sort Of)
- Jen on Twenty Months, Canines and Self Settling (Sort Of)
- Elyse on Tear-Free Self Soothing at Ten and a Half Months (Wait it Out Method)
- Daria on Twenty Months, Canines and Self Settling (Sort Of)
- Tiffany on Are You a Gentle Parent or are you Trying to be a Gentle Parent?
Quotables“Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~Thomas Edison